Saturday, January 9, 2010

Being happy with yourself

As a child I remember my father intoning to my mother 'Icannot give you an injection of happiness. Your happiness lies within your own self.' I did not understand much but the words were imprinted in my mind and now I realise how true they are. The moment we look towards others to make us happy, we are sowing the seed of dissatisfaction and disappointment. Caught as everyone is in their own whirlpool of activity we should be happy with each one's contribution in terms of time and effort, be it at home or at work. Home is a place to relax, to live and let live, to accept and not to expect.
The restlessness within us is the source of dissatisfaction and unhappiness. The root cause should be understood by careful and sincere analysis. The light of understanding showers peace and only then can you be happy with yourself.

No comments: